Elimination diet - Eggs - not happy about it!
By now I am aware of food intolerances that I have but am still trying to figure out a few more. I already know that I don't do well with fish oil, cucumber, eggplant, oats, cantaloupe, kiwiberry, and I've allergy tested for broccoli.
I have the biggest reaction to fish oil which results in small rash-like bumps that I develop down the side of my face after only a few days of taking a fish oil supplement.
Recently I have cut out all fish oil omegas supplementation but am still experiencing a less severe reaction with tiny bumps all over my face, some on my forehead and down the side, but lately mostly around my jawline and lower cheeks.
I suspect this reaction to be 1 of 4 or 5 things. These are my assumptions -
- eggs, potentially hard boiled (I typically eat 2 every morning with my favorite pistachio vinaigrette)
- chocolate - I tend to get breakouts and I think they are closely correlated to sugar and chocolate, however I have been eating chocolate hazelnut nearly daily for a last week or two and haven't had any acne type of breakouts for the last week.
- a green that's inside the greens supplement that I take
- another vitamin or mineral in my multi-vitamins
- getting back to the gym and hot yoga more seriously and regularly as of the last 2-3 months.
I haven't had hard boiled eggs for 2 days now and I did a charcoal mask yesterday and a short bentonite clay mask, and a combo of Alaffia neem oil + doTERRA Immortelle blend today that has multiple skin-beneficial oils such as frankincense, lavender, rose, myrrh, hawaiian sandalwood, and helichrysum.
It could all be in my head, but I feel like my skin is already smoother yesterday. This could be due in part to the charcoal mask or the neem oil today... or the not eating eggs. Now it's hard to tell, but I am probably going to cut out eggs for the next 2-3 weeks to check if I can see any noticeable difference and improvement in my skin's texture and smoothness.
Like everything else, I'll see if I can stick to it. I really hope my intolerance is NOT eggs, but if it is at least I will know.